The Asharucorp Retail Media Entertainment Initiative
We intend to lead a group of investment partners who are impassioned as we are, in co-creating “the definitive 21st century arts & performance environment” and it’s accompanying state-of the-art Web-based and digital business model, physically situated on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, NYC.
This fully comprehensive entertainment environment / music store and on-line operation will take advantage of the profitable market share left void by the defunct Tower Records & Video.
Our initial goal is to purchase the ownership of a commercial property lease, that houses a substantially-sized structure, (app. 25,000 sq. ft.) in which the organization would open and operate a combination entity that focuses on music and music related product.
1. We intend to collaborate with a league of investors, who ideally have a vested interest or dedication to the magnification of the existing music industry, both in live performance as well as recordings & other media (including the web), by taking advantage of the market-share vacancy left by Tower Records, as well as arranging the acquisition of suitable physical property.
2. We intend to offer the deepest selection of music and music related products in multiple formats, including collectibles; such as, out of print issues, vinyl and hard to find imports (niche genres will be our niche), video, other media (i.e. books, magazines) and hardware/accessories (DVD/CD players, home entertainment units, audio equipment, computer games, blank media, cell-phones, MP3 players, & musical instruments).
3. We intend to provide a state of the art casual retail environment, filled with up to date computer inventory databases, listening stations, multimedia experiences, video viewers, digital scanning and music information systems, savvy interior design, unique genre department differentiation and genre environment integrity.
4. We intend to forge a strong presence on the internet, initially as a means to facilitate special/mail orders. However, we foresee our internet sales contributing an increasingly integral division of our business and services. Our web domains have been registered and will be transformed shortly prior to launch by well-structured, comprehensively designed retail sites.
5. We intend to operate, as semi-independent subsidiaries; divisions within the Avatar physical space/s which will service correspondingly related markets and product line sales. These subsidiaries include: a live performance venue, a coffee shop, a video gaming center, and our young children’s division. These revenue streams will work in tandem with our in-store retail sales, on-line retail sales, digital sales and co-op marketing dollars to inflate the gross of our locations and to support the drives and directives of the company’s main thrust.
6. We intend to facilitate digital download sales both on-line and in-store from downloading ports located in the café. By partnering with an on-line service provider such as “i-tunes” or other vendor driven provider/s, we will thereby capitalize on that seemingly burgeoning medium.
7. We intend to utilize our position as a leading performance venue, and one of a handful of deep catalogue retailers, to apply leverage with our approved vendors to cut deals to discount incoming product, thereby insuring that sale programs do not substantially cut into our profit margin.
8. We intend to incept a media review publication, organized by our in-house graphics department, which will soon after sell advertising space and will eventually manifest general distribution. In addition, our brand marketing will be augmented by graphic designs created by our architecture firm; Nudell Associates, as well as freelance graphic designers, who will work in tandem with our in-house art department.
9. We intend that every performance will, by the nature of the overall environment, entail that a corresponding “in-store” appearance or artist signing will take place before or after the said artist’s live performance, further driving audio and video sales higher.
10. We intend to supply a retail “dream team” of employees, who are either consummate professionals or passionate experts in their field. They will be a tight, effective ship of experienced individuals dedicated to raising the business’ gross.
11. We intend that in order to uphold the high standards that we expect out of our staff, we will offer relatively higher hourly wages, and an “employee buy-in” to a fractional percentage of ownership for select contracted personnel, offering them an annual commission-like residual bonus based upon business net totals.
12. We intend that, upon profit stability and notable name recognition, that we will explore augmenting the initial venture into additional locations, based on the same model; at first possibly also in NYC, but more likely, in carefully selected and considered areas within major urban centers across the USA and abroad.
Summary By diversifying our holdings and generating income from multiple sources we intend to offer investors either effective return or equity and a share of a long-lived business venture highlighted by constant change, growth, improvisation…and a dynamic investment. For customers the business will provide a much needed cutting-edge outlet for “hard-core” and average collectors, fans, concert-goers and lovers of the arts.